TSC




Every time I write "snatches" on the board for a workout, one person groans and one person grins.  This movement is never easy. It demands focus on the entire body.  At the top position every muscle is engaged creating a literal pillar of strength.  
As the TSC approaches, I push on my classes to sign up.  There is hemming, hawing and a shuffling of feet.  They mumble excuses about why they are not ready.
I ask myself, 
"Why do we train as a group?"
Then I laugh at the irony.  We do it because as a team we can accomplish more than we would alone.  We do it because it is fun.  It helps get out of our heads and it builds camaraderie.  I watch people grow stronger in the gym, and then shy away from a little friendly competition with themselves and each other.  I know why.  It is scary to be held to a standard and to see where you fit.  It is scary to perform.  It is also deeply valuable to face these fears. 

I remember when I was first training in the gym 3 years ago.  Our trainer, James had more faith in me then I had in myself.  I exceeded my own expectations and found a grounding practice of strength which is always available to me.  Now I am honored to pass this on to my own classes.

So I'm just gonna place the link for sign up right here...



Comments

Popular Posts