Consistency = Accomplishment




Something I’ve discovered throughout the years, is that nothing changes over night. Whether it’s in recovery, emotional/spiritual well being, successes in life, family dynamics or fitness. Consistency is the key to success in all aspects of life. A life worth living... consistency through resiliency.

Early Recovery is a Nasty Beast... no way around it. But as with any other  tribulation, there’s only one way out of it... that’s going through it. I relate most things in my recovery to it being a way of life. Fitness has become an essential part of my recovery, especially the last half of it. Working out is my #1 coping mechanism in my recovery. But just like early recovery, I had to crawl before I could walk, walk before I could run and run before I could finish the Murph crossfit WOD in 27 min. I had to go to the gym even when I didn’t feel like it. Just like I had to go to a meeting when I didn’t feel like it. Also just like recovery, I always felt better than when I got there. Consistency has made my recovery better as well as my fitness and physical health.

Blake is my friend. A person that I admire. I have witnessed first hand, the transformation into the man he has become. When I first met Blake he was a 320lb opiate addict with a story which was almost unbelievable. He had experienced many successes in life, followed by losing it all including his health and more importantly his self worth. Today Blake is a completely different person. His hard work and dedication in his recovery, fitness/health and helping others are now what is unbelievable about him.
Blake is now the Director of a respectable alumni program at Brighton Recovery Center which he built. He’s respected and loved by many: peers, friends and family. Early this year, he hit his goal of weighing less then 200lb. A strong, healthy 200lb!!! I’m sure if you asked Blake the key to his new successes, he’d tell you it’s being Consistent.

My favorite thing about Blake is that he’s the first one to reach his hand out to the new person. Whether it’s in his professional life, the gym or his program. Thank you Blake for being an amazing example of what hard work, dedication and consistency can bring to one’s life.




Comments

Popular Posts