Glow with the Flow


Who says you can't party sober?

Nearly four years ago I believed the fun was over, and that my life from that point forward would consist of little to no excitement nor spontaneity. In this moment of despair I said my farewells to fair-weathered friends and my sexy lifestyle.  I put on the most serious mask I owned and committed to sobriety, ready to accept its entirety dullness and all.

The sides of my mouth curl and I can hardly contain my laughter as I look back at where my head was. The life I have today is sexier, funnier, and more surprising than I ever could have imagined. The best part is that I get to remember it all.

I'll never forget my first glow flow. It was my first New Years Eve sober and a local yoga studio was hosting a New Years Eve event to ring in the new year. I showed up to find a huge community of people signing into class and decorating their bodies with neon paint and glow sticks. The studio room was lit with black lights, the music was poppin, and the human light show was entrancing. It was so good that it almost felt wrong.

That was a pivotal moment in my life. Something that I want to share with my tribe. There are times when seriousness serves us, but there is always time to create, play, to be wild and free. Come experience "too much fun" sober. Shine your light at the next FTR glow flow with me.



 

Comments

Popular Posts