We Limit Our Abilities In Our Minds


Fitness is an enormous part of my daily recovery. Although I'm a 12-Step member, and more importantly, a 12-Step believer, the positive influence through fitness relieves my anxiety, fear and depression on a daily basis. It's become a way of life for me.

The beautiful aspect it's brought to my recovery isn't only in the physical and psychological benefits, but in the opportunity to be of service and watch people grow in their programs through fitness, particularly through FTR.

Although I've been a supporter of FTR for years, I'm fairly new to training/coaching at FTR. The incredible thing about FTR is we are all welcomed, at any level of fitness. This month I have witnessed members train, work hard and get stronger. I've also watched people doubt and limit themselves. I like to push members by trading their weights for heavier ones, add more reps or encourage people to try new techniques to accomplish goals.

I've been pushing some of our regular 9:00am Functional Strength Class members (pictured) in getting stronger and BELIEVING in themselves. I've witnessed Mario, Lanae, Lana, Sochie, and Mikey continue to get stronger while watching their reps and weights continue to climb. Also a big first we had this month, Lanae successfully completed her first strict pull-up. Her strength has continued to climb and she was finally able to let herself believe that she was strong enough to do it.

Congrats Lanae and everyone else that continues to believe and push themselves into doing things they (WE) thought we couldn't do. Just like our Recovery, persistence in the key in believing we can accomplish what we want.

Matt Moore - FTR Trainer

Comments

Popular Posts